Who We Are
Peta Healthcare Consultants established in 2013 with 29 years of industry experience. We are a B-BBEE Level 1 contributor with 100% black female ownership. Our dedicated team provides a comprehensive assortment of compliance and regulatory services to the national and international pharmaceutical industry, including Sub-Saharan Africa.
Regulatory affairs consultancy and registration services include, but not limited to:
- Compilation of new product registrations viz. New Chemical Entities (NCEs), generics, complementary medicines, veterinary medicines, medical devices, biologicals and biosimilars.
- Compilation of amendments/variations and renewals
- Development of Professional Information (PI) and Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) and safety updates to PIs and PILs post-registration
- Assist with licence applications (SAPC, DOH and SAHPRA) and compilation of Site Master Files
- Assist with GMP inspections of manufacturing, packaging facilities and warehouses to ensure compliance
Peta Healthcare Consultants is also involved in the supply of medical devices, training and placement of pharmacy personnel in the pharmaceutical industry.
The founder and director of Peta Healthcare Consultants; Dr Dorcas Peta is a qualified pharmacist registered with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC). She holds a B.Pharm. degree from the University of Limpopo and a Pharm-D degree from the University of Minnesota in the USA. She is registered as an Assessor and Moderator with SAPC, qualified to teach new entrants into the Regulatory Affairs Arena.
With 29 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Dr Peta has extensive experience and understanding of both the pharmaceutical industry and the RA environment. Previously; she was the chairperson of Southern African Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Association (SAPRAA) for 4 years and represented her previous company, MSD in industry associations, ARN and IMSA, in shaping the regulatory environment.
She currently holds affiliations with the Southern African Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Association (SAPRAA), South African Association of Pharmacists in Industry (SAAPI) and Black Pharmaceutical Industry Association (BPIA).
Dr Peta has successfully provided service to many pharmaceutical companies, local and international companies and was previously an external evaluator for the South African Health Products Regulatory Affairs, SAHPRA (previously MCC). She has been re-appointed as an evaluator by SAHPRA for the Backlog Project. A successful entrepreneur with a well-defined strategic vision.